Testo Top Tip: Using infrared thermometers
The use of thermometers is wide spread across a huge number of industries and applications. The advances in infrared and laser technology have allowed for the development of non-contact infrared thermometers. These come with some huge advantages over contact and penetration thermometers and give the user a much less invasive, more efficient means of accurately reading temperatures.
However, with these advances in technology comes the requirement for a greater level of understanding before an instrument can be used effectively. While infrared thermometers are exceptionally easy to use, regardless of prior technical proficiency, here at Testo we know that every little information helps.
So we’ve got some top tips for the use of your infrared thermometer:
- When not in use make sure that the sensor is covered.
- Keep from shining laser and infrared beams directly into eyes.
- Pay attention to reflective surfaces and the effect this might have on your beam and your readings.
- Always make sure that an infrared thermometer is appropriate for the job at hand.
- Beware of steam or screen condensation which might skew your readings.
Visit our website for more info on our range of infrared thermometers.
Posted on May 10, 2013, in Industry, Infrared, Latest News, News, Thermometer, Top Tip and tagged infra red, measuring instruments, Testo, testo limited, Testo Ltd, Thermometers, top tip. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.