Testo Top Tip: Instrument Calibration
Calibration is a necessary part of operating in an industry that requires the use of measurement instruments. Like with insurance, people will always see the downsides of calibration, such as the downtime and the costs, but there are huge benefits that sometimes remain unseen. The hidden costs of working with unreliable instruments and providing inaccurate readings will, in the long run, greatly outweigh the cost of regular instrument calibration and maintenance.
Why to get your instrument calibrated:
- Measurement drift will occur in your instruments through day-to-day use causing reading inaccuracies.
- You need to provide your customers with the most accurate readings possible to keep their business.
- Your customers need you to provide the most accurate readings possible in order to keep them safe.
- An inaccurate/uncalibrated instrument is a waste of your time and your money.
When to get your instrument calibrated:
- With new instruments you should keep an up-to-date calibration log to keep track.
- Calibration needs to be regular but this might mean as infrequently as once a year.
- If you exceed the specific recommended usage-hours for your instrument.
- If your instrument has undergone a recent modification or repair.
- If your instrument is involved in an incident, like a drop or shock.
- If you think that your readings look unreliable, suspect or questionable.
Benefits of instrument calibration:
- Its the only way to be certain that your measurements are accurate and reliable.
- Having a up-to-date calibration history lends credibility to your business.
- Confidence in your readings to ensure the safety of your customers.
- You will be able to provide optimum readings, measurements and customer service.
For more information on Testo calibration and services visit – www.testolimited.com.
Posted on April 5, 2013, in Commercial, Health and Safety, hvac, Industry, Latest News, News, Top Tip and tagged calibration services, flue gas analyser, flue gas analysis, Instrument calibration, Service and Calibration, Testo, Testo Calibration, testo limited, Testo Ltd, top tip. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.