Testo top tip – Using your penetration thermometer
The importance of accurate temperature monitoring in the food and catering industry is well established. In order to fully comply with HACCP and other legal requirements your business needs measurement instrumentation the you can rely on. You can trust the Testo range of thermometers to give accurate and clear readings but we know that you also need the information on how to use them at their best.
So here are our top tips to get the most from your Testo penetration thermometer:
- Always read the instructions first (this tip list unfortunately does not count).
- When preparing high risk food stuffs, such as chicken, you should use a temperature probe every time.
- Testo food thermometers will give an accurate reading within +/- 0.5 °C (dependent on temp. range).
- To get an accurate reading you must place your thermometer correctly.
- You should place the thermometer away from fat or bone.
- Generally speaking, you should place the thermometer in the thickest part of food.
- If the food is irregularly shaped, you should check the temperature in more than one location and ensure the reading is consistent.
- After use, food thermometers should always be washed thoroughly to ensure cleanliness.
For more info on the full range of Testo thermometers visit – www.testolimited.com
Posted on March 28, 2013, in Commercial, Food, Food Hygiene, Health and Safety, Industry, Latest News, News, Safety, Thermometer and tagged cooking oil tester, folding thermometers, food safety equipment, HACCP, measuring instruments, surface probe, t-bar thermometer, temperature probes, Testo, Testo 108-2, testo limited, Testo Ltd, Thermometers, type t thermometer. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.