Coronation Street story raises awareness of the risks of CO Poisoning


Coronation Street is viewed by millions and it is hoped that its current carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning storyline will help to raise awareness of this potentially deadly condition and demonstrate the importance of employing a Gas Safe Registered Engineer to undertake any work on gas appliances.

Coronation Street’s Fiz Brown, played by Jennie McAlpine, has been overcome by deadly carbon monoxide fumes, caused from a faulty gas boiler worked on illegally by her pal Tyrone Dobbs.

These scenes mirror real-life deaths and injuries caused by the silent killer every year across the UK.

“Last year an estimated 4,000 people in the UK were affected by carbon monoxide poisoning”

You can’t see it, smell it or taste it, but carbon monoxide poisoning can kill quickly without warning.

If you suspect you are suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning get fresh air immediately and see your GP or hospital. If you think there is immediate danger, call the Gas Emergency Helpline on 0800 111 999.

Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer for all gas work in your home – it’s the law and will keep you safe.

Gas Safe Register is supporting the storyline with an information website

Testo offers flue gas analysers and gas and CO leak detectors for use by gas heating engineers to check and ensure that all gas appliances are fitted and operating correctly. Visit our website for further information.

About Testo Limited

We offer an extensive range of instruments for many parameters and applications including; Temperature, Humidity, Velocity, Gas analysis, RPM, Pressure, Light, pH, Sound. testo instruments are widely used in the following sectors: HVAC-R: heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration. Process Industry: manufacturing industries, service companies and utilities. Food Sector: including food manufacture, transport, storage, distribution and retail. Thermal Imaging: for building surveys, maintenance, electrical inspections and production monitoring.

Posted on January 3, 2013, in flue gas, hEATING, Home, hvac, Latest News, News, Plumbers uk, Safety. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: